Gunner,

You're welcome! But I'm sure somebody will post that you're nuts.

The truth is there are a bunch of good expanding .375 bullets these days. The PH I got to know best over the years (now retired) often used his .375 H&H as back-up when guiding buffalo hunters--which meant, as he noted, that he was often "out-gunned." But even though his clients often carried rifles chambered for larger rounds, he still had to finish off quite a few bulls. I asked him what his favorite bullet was in the .375, and he grinned and said, "Whatever clients leave behind in camp. These days they're all good!"

I also once asked him what was the biggest African animal he'd be happy to hunt with a .30-06 and 180-grain Partitions, which happened to be one of the rifle/bullet combinations I'd brought on that particular hunt. Without any hesitation he said, "Buffalo."

Turned out he'd killed a pile of 'em with 180 Partitions when working as a culler on a big ranch in what was then Rhodesia, where he was born and raised. And no, the buffalo weren't all head- or spine-shot, though of course he'd take those shots if the opportunity arose. But most buffalo were culled on drives, where ranch workers pushed herds toward shooters. He killed a lot of buffalo, including big bulls, with frontal and rear-angling shots with the '06 and 180's. Which is why he wasn't too worried about killing even wounded bulls with whatever .375 ammo his clients left behind.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck