[quote=BobinNH]I have rarely met a M70 stock I loved, whether pre 64, post 64, classic or BACO.

I have been lucky in that respect. I have two original Pre-64 M70's in their original state save for glass bedding and floating on one. That one is a .300 H&H built in 1963, supposedly I have read when quality was slipping. It has the stock with the slightly raised comb on it, not a true Monte Carlo and the old ventilated Winchester soft butt pad. It fits me perfectly, in fact next to a custom Model 70 I have it fits better than anything else I own and has excellent balance and pointability. It actually feels lighter than it's actual weight.

Also rather humorously the bedding and floating did not seem to improve its accuracy initially. I called my gunsmith and asked him if he had any ideas because I was really having trouble getting this one to shoot. He is a long time rifle competitor and builder and is a wealth of knowledge. He gave me a very specific load and viola, it shot a jellybean of a three shot group. Anyhow it is one of my favorite hunting rifles and a piece I have really become "one" with.