Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've been chasing lightweight rifles for 40 years. Finally ended up with a Kimber. If you really want a rifle that CAN be scoped and still keep the weight under 6 lbs they are a bargain. And I have no complaints with the potential accuracy of mine.

But I've also came to the conclusion that it is about 1 lb too light. Something right around 7 lbs scoped seems to be the perfect balance of carryability and shootability, at least for me.

Out of the box a Tikka T-3 will do that. So will a Rem 700 or Savage in an Edge stock. My current go-to rifle is a Winchester 70 EW in an Edge. At 7 1/4 lbs is right on the edge of being heavier than I want. But close enough.

For the money Tikka wins though.

I was wondering if you were going to say that. I'm pretty intrigued by the Tikka, as of late, myself... I shoot left hand, so that's even 1 more reason to try one out... However, I'd probably just end up buying another righty....

I don't think I would put the Tikka in the same class as truly light weights like the Kimber, NULA, or Barrett. It would still be a fine light weight rifle but I think I would choose a long action caliber since the action is going to be long anyway.