Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've been chasing lightweight rifles for 40 years. Finally ended up with a Kimber. If you really want a rifle that CAN be scoped and still keep the weight under 6 lbs they are a bargain. And I have no complaints with the potential accuracy of mine.

But I've also came to the conclusion that it is about 1 lb too light. Something right around 7 lbs scoped seems to be the perfect balance of carryability and shootability, at least for me.

Out of the box a Tikka T-3 will do that. So will a Rem 700 or Savage in an Edge stock. My current go-to rifle is a Winchester 70 EW in an Edge. At 7 1/4 lbs is right on the edge of being heavier than I want. But close enough.

For the money Tikka wins though.

I was wondering if you were going to say that. I'm pretty intrigued by the Tikka, as of late, myself... I shoot left hand, so that's even 1 more reason to try one out... However, I'd probably just end up buying another righty....

I don't think I would put the Tikka in the same class as truly light weights like the Kimber, NULA, or Barrett. It would still be a fine light weight rifle but I think I would choose a long action caliber since the action is going to be long anyway.

What about the Tikka superlite? The specs on them say 6 pounds..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA