Dear New Kimber,

Please consider un-goatphucqking your sporting rifle final assembly department.

Today, while attempting to start from the start with my spanking new Montana, I hit a deadend. The rear takedown screw was so phucqk'd that it would not unscrew, lefty-loosy. Pretty certain there's an engineering term for this - it was technically no longer a screw in function, pinned?, more of a screwing that totally ate the chit out of two Allen bits before stripping to circular worthlessnessisss without the least, nada, no movement whatsoever.

Please consider shipping your 2016 uber-threaded-muzzle 84M Montana 6.5 Creedmoors as a kit. Please include the 1/4", 9/32" and 5/16" (M or 19/64" may be better) drill bits (cobalt with Montanas, HSS with Hunters), a cordless drill and a big, I mean the largest full-size pair of Vise Grips (or, using your oft-mentioned marketing terminology, an "American Made" (though this does not specifically infer USA, cute) equivalent if available). These are needed for disassembly.

Also, it would be uber to include a 1/4"-22 tap and replacement rear takedown screw as they're needed for subsequent reassembly. Otherwise guys will have to scavenge parts from their Remington 700s to make their new Kimber riffles usable. That additionally necessitates grinding the Remington screw's head diameter and the additional tooling to accomplish such. I believe this 84M Synthetic Rifle Kit can still come in under the fantastical MSRP of $1427. BTW: your Hunter magazine assembly looks much like a Mossberg rifle I saw at a LGS yesterday prior to selecting the Montana.

Thank you,

Guy with a new New Kimber rifle

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, it'll be ok. Receiver threads are AOK, the screw was buggered. The red loctite stuff was irrelevant. Musta been a cross-eyed Yonkeranian. Fit is very good, si Miguel, el stocko brueno, Si porque $400 mas de la Hunter. I doubt it'd benefit from bedding compound. The pillars are visible on the underside, covered by paint above. The pillars are not loose. Not 100% certain but I think the mag box is bound. Will look at it later when I don't have to beat the phucqk out of it to get it apart. Maybe chill a bit. Plastic follower? Did not anticipate that. Happy still? Yah, I dig this little rifle! But I'm fairly jazzed up on a caffeine shot... Gawd I hope this thing will shoot. LOL

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?