Upon closer look, mine had a lot of pressure right at the shank. I had to sand down through a layer of cloth to get full float. Did a full bedding, tang to lug with JB Quick. Did some shooting to sight in over the hood of the rig with a box of Hornady American Whitetail 129 IL. Not uber, 3-shot 1.25, 4-shot cool 1.5", 4-shot hot 1.75". Wasn't calm but fairly steady wind.

Are my comments meant to degrade? NO, absolutely not. It's a production rifle, I happened to get one with a couple things to overcome. I very much like this rifle. Other than the material chosen for the follower, I think it's excellent engineering. It's not the first mag well I have bent to hell, LOL. The trigger is very good.

I really dig the stock! It's light, slim, straight yet rounded, smooth uniform texture, without checkering or ridges and incredibly firm. To me, it is the final evolution of classic Kimber hunting stock lines and I would not change it in any way whatsoever...

I just don't get the "light rifle needs a light scope". To me, this light of a rifle allows one to use a burly scope and still have a light rifle package. Balance is great with the SWFA 6x. Can you believe people are bitching Lapua is going small primer? As if Lapua doesn't know WTF?

On to handloads and hoping for consistent, three-shot MOA groups fired in succession (without a bunch of cooling time.) Absolutely love the cartridge and very glad I upgraded from the Hunter I was looking at. This is a featherweight, I expect some work to get accuracy and sure as hell didn't buy it based upon a hangtag.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?