Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by darrenk75b
Originally Posted by Calvin

What did you do to unbind the magbox?

Mine was bound up too. I simply filed the bottom tabs of the box where contact was being made with the stock.

That's exactly what I do too, except I use a dremel tool. Pretty simple process. I take about an 1/8" (maybe less) off the two in the front and one in the back.

Getting another from Kimber won't solve the problem. It will be the exact same size they ship with the rifle.

Well, says embarrassed Boomber, I ground a little off the tabs mentioned, sanded/scuffed out a bit of excess paint texture in the action and barrel channel then re-assembled. There's contact out to the chamber's end but floated beyond. Mag box was just a hair loose and figured I was golden... The stock is only about 1/8" thick down there so I didn't hog on it... Smiling and happy despite the rear takedown screwing I moved on to find the lands and max magazine COL and noticed the rear-end of the plastic follower was hanging up? WTF? It would not handle one, let alone four rounds... So I started dic'ing with the box. Just a little - then a little more and then more and more! Hence the need for a new magazine well/box! grin It took two calls and special managerial approval to get them to sell me one but luckily it's on the way along with a new screw... So - I now wonder what was the matter with the follower after the tab trim? Maybe I gorilla handed it and tweaked it during the grinding or somehow had it cocked upon assembly? Slacked off today and did other things but hope to shoot it soon, and in about a week, make a repeater out of it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?