I'm going to purchase a portable ground blind for use during the Iowa late muzzleloader season so that I can set for long periods without freezing my butt off. I'll be setting it up over a food plot next to some timber and would like to put it up and not have to take it down until season is over. The trouble I'm concerned about is wind. Last year I used a very cheap one with what I describe as hoop construction for the walls and two tent poles for the roof. It stayed in place through the wind, but one tent pole broke and the walls tended to want to push in and invert. Though it did stay in place. I'm looking at the 5-hub design that I can put a staked tie-out on each of the wall hubs to keep the wind from collapsing the walls and stake that sucker to the ground to stay in place. I don't expect it to hold up to 50 mph gusts, but 20-30 sustained is a likely scenario. I'm looking at the Ameristep Bone Collector Man Cave blind right now. It's on sale through Mills Fleet Farm for $150 and is a BIG blind.And experience with this or recommendation of a model that will hold up and not be a throw-away purchase? I need it to be large enough for me to hunt with my daughter in it with me as well. I prefer the ground blind to a treestand because it's warmer and I hunt the late season with a TC Encore pistol in .357 Maximum and I can use a bipod or monopod as a rest in a ground blind.
Thanks!
Selmer

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile