Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
A sleeping bag works wonders in the ground blind. Pull it up to just under the armpits and you're golden. Throw a few chemical heat packs in if you're really cold!

I have an old German army sleeping bag that has arms on it. Works well on really cold days.

Had one of the German bags as well, loved that bag for cold sits in the high blind. It finally gave out after years of use.

I use a ground blind for turkey, haven't used one for deer. The turkey notice it, but don't seem bothered by it, unless I move or add to their warning signs.

I've used the Ameri-steps, but I look at my ground blinds as a disposable investment. Our area sees winds, theft, and weather wear that makes any one over two season old - a veteran. I'd invest in a Double Bull level blind if I had the land to use it here, I think the quality and the durability on them is good. Friends with semi-permanent set-ups have had good luck with them.

I've brushed some, and left most alone. Haven't seen a reason to swear by one or the other. If birds are in the area, and traveling by, they seem to continue without much impact either way.

Last edited by AH64guy; 12/05/16.