Heaters are nice, but the more windows you open, and the more wind, the less a blind will hold heat. Throw in a couple of wool or fleece blankets that you can cover whatever part is getting cold.

I've come to think of all ground blinds as disposable, some are just nicer and more expensive. The fabric parts hold up pretty well (except for that bear one time...), but poles break from wind, snow, careless setup, hurried tear down, looking at them wrong, and oh yeah - bears. But they are comfortable. Be sure to brace the top hub somehow for snow, either tie up to a tree or cut a pole to fit inside. And carry duct tape for repairs!!

Important- take a chair with back support! Padded swivel chairs are luxurious, I've seen people use old office chairs, just about any kind of folding camp chairs, lawn chairs, whatever. I've found a practical minimum to be a three legged folding chair with backrest like the primos double bull tri-stool. Surprisingly comfortable and easy to pack.

All the ones that I've seen with netting on the windows have it velcroed on and is easy to remove. Some have a slit or port in the net to poke a barrel thru.

Last edited by MikeL2; 12/05/16.