Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by kevinJ
For big game and other things requiring heavier bullets 8-9 twist is what you need. For varmint a 10 works well.
What absolute horse shyt ! There are tons of good deer weight bullets that'll shoot just fine out of the standard factory 10 twist .243. My 10 twist Tikka shoots sub MOA with 100 gr. Hornady interlock, 95 gr SST's, 100 gr Sierra pro hunter, 100 gr core lokt's, 100 gr Federal power shoks {factory} and 85 gr Sierra BTHP Gamekings. Geezus most of us don't give a rats azz about shooting high BC target bullets at flies in outer space and are fine with doing a little bit of hunting before we pull the trigger.

Calm down a little killer. Nobody said it was mandatory. Not sure why your up in arms. First off my 243 is a model 7 9.25 twist. Not exactly shooting it to outer space at flies with high bc bullets. How about deer at under 200 with a 95nbt.

Hate to burst your little bubble but a 8 or 9 twist does everything the 10 twist does and even more. Few concessions need made. I am sure that many of the 10 twist do just fine, I simply posed the mere fact that 8-9 twist barrels leave more options for big game and target shooting. Which seems to be what is discussed most on this forum isn't it? So GFY