Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Taking the issue of these "botched", lethal injection, executions at face value, it's rather amazing to me that most of the very drugs used are the ones we in anesthesia administer every day in precise dosages and ways to bring patients through their surgery and anesthesia as smoothly as possible.

These drugs are our tools and we know them intimately. Obviously no health care provider is going to volunteer or otherwise be involved with lethal injection executions but picking my choice of drugs and dosages, death would be swift in 5-10 minutes, without pain, any contorted movements, or any degree of consciousness.

I don't understand why these prison officials can't procure this information and get it right. It takes knowledge and skill to use these drugs eloquently in delivering a good anesthetic; conversely, to execute quickly, it 1). takes the right drugs, 2). The right doses which = 3) quick painless death. It's the simplest of recipes that anybody who can read can follow.
So, rhetorically, why does this incompetency keep occurring?

The reason it is not so easy is because the liberals have attacked the pharmaceutical manufacturers for selling medical drugs to prison officials. The pharmaceutical companies in an effort to avoid the publicity have stopped selling the most effective drugs to the government. Not sure which US Supreme Court justice referenced this issue in his opinion but he pointed out that the anti death penalty people have actually made it far more painful and risky because they can't use the normal drugs.

Sure, I get that liberals live in their own perverse universe and always make things worse, but then ditch lethal injection and go back to hanging, or a firing squad, or back to old "sparky". The point is liberals would object to those too. Or maybe we need to go back to the guillotine at which time liberals might see that lethal injection might be the "neatest", most humanitarian way after all.

Even with their limited drug armentarium these prison officials have, there is a way to do it but it's not a job for a "limited" person on an hourly wage.