Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Steve
I'm probably with Doc on my position on the death penalty. Against it on practical grounds, not principle.

That said I'm not sure why after the drugs have been administered and taken effect they don't shoot him in the back of the head. Double sure.

I dont undertand this practicle vs principal stuff.

The Lord said to see if a man be for or against Him.

I'm for killing killers. Torturers and child killers should get the bad crap until they beg for death carried out by any manner.

Real quick and extremely inarticulate. I think the State has a moral right to capitol punishment, absolutely.

However with our adversarial justice system I don't think it is always carried out in a just manner. Prosecutors are not rewarded for dismissing charges, but for winning. Also the State, in most cases, can afford a better legal case and investigation, than your average defendant. This is true for all cases, not just capitol one. However, we can release those who we discover are later found to be innocent.

Now I'm not naive, most on death row are guilty. However as we've seen with recent DNA testing, a significant few are not. But there needs to be a higher bar than 'reasonable doubt' in capital cases. I don't know what that is, though.

That's what I meant by being against it on practical grounds, not principle.

Carpe' Scrotum