Originally Posted by T_Inman
In 2010 I shot a cow elk during archery season. I tagged it, then packed it out like normal.

I normally cut up my own meat, but due to having a moose tag that year and the warmer weather we had, I took the elk to a processor. A couple weeks later I got the elk back, with the tag attached to a package of steaks. Looking at it, I realized it was my 2009 elk tag, which went unpunched the year before.

So, not only did the wrong tag get past me, but the butcher shop too.

Pretty funny now that I think about it.

A good family friend, that was like a parent to us, shot a whitetail one year, had the ranch hands clean it, it was supposed to be a book BC deer, while it missed it just a hair, it was a good deer. He gave his license to the hands.

Called me on the way home. Bringing it over to cape it out for him. Told me he got pulled over a couple of times on the way home by wardens, the news had traveled, they wanted to see the buck. NICE buck.

I got hold of it that evening and caped it. Then when recording the tag data in my book, realized it was tagged with an antlerless only tag. At least 2 if not 3 wardens had missed that....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....