Me, Myself & I.

My father used to take me goose hunting, which got me interested. Then I got into squirrel and rabbit hunting. While squirrel hunting, I used to see deer all of the time, so I figured I'd try this deer hunting thing.

I was 17 and totally clueless. I headed for the woods and walked around like I would do while squirrel hunting. No knife and no rope. The second day out, it had snowed a couple of inches, so when I walked, I was quiet. Luckily, my neighbor and his father were there and I told them I didn't have a knife. The father said, with a smile on his face, "if you happen to shoot one, just whistle and I'll let you use mine". Later that evening, one of them shot a deer. I probably pushed them to him. After the shot, here comes a doe 10 yards from me. BANG!!! She goes down. So I start to whistle frantically and out they come from the woods. Sonny's father hands me the knife, so I took it and looked at the deer. Didn't know what to do. He said, "here, I'll show you once and then you're on your own." He gutted it for me and then he said that I had to drink the blood and started laughing. NOT!!

After that, they went to find his deer and left me to drag it out about 1/2 mile. Luckily it had snowed, because I dragged it backwards with the hind legs. I had a 1970 Camaro and because of the snow, I had to park out on the road. In the mean time, someone locked the gate, so I had to lift it up over the gate. I looked liked a monkey f^cking a football. I had blood all over me. I put it in the trunk of my car, so my trunk was full of it also.

It was a great memory.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan