Funny I don't remember my first hunt but it was probably just my long time friend and I staring on our own back then there weren't a lot of deer in Eastern KY and our idea of scouting was I met a guy that knows a guy that thinks his friend saw some deer tracks down by the river. Oooh sounds like a hotspot lets try there. Needless to say for the first few years we were half way convinced they were like unicorns. It was either that or we would go to a place that would turn out to be so crowded it looked like the county fair. I remember once going to some hotspot someone had told us about so we get there in the dark and I'm tramping around and finally decide you have no idea where you are and your going to walk off a cliff here in the dark so I just sat down next to a tree to wait for some light. When it got light enough to see there were 3-4 other guys all sitting within 30 yards . Everybody just looked at each other got up and walked off never saying a word . It's been a trip over the past 35 years