Thanks for the replies gang. It looks like I’m in the ballpark with my current loads, but I may have to play with the 140 gr. for the 7mm-08 just for grins (and perhaps the .30 cals). Since all four rifles shoot very well already, it looks like I’ll mostly be chasing an inconsequential improvement that I’ll never see in the field. I have to give myself something to do in the off season; I can’t bed any of them since that was last year’s project. Maybe I’ll buy another project rifle of some sort. I appreciate the feedback; I’ve had a lot of luck with the Barnes bullet. I’m picky with my shots, and I love closing the gap on a herd, rather than taking a long shot. This year I was able to move on a herd of 150+ elk that I first saw at 1,000 yards. After multiple approach angles, I was finally able to crawl over a rock for an easy 80-yard shot.

I wasn’t intending to start an argument regarding lead contamination/exposure. I merely stated it to let people know why I wasn’t looking for a Nosler Partition, Accubond, etc. There are some great bullets out there, but I’ve been sold on all copper for years.

For what it’s worth, ingested lead is definitely bioavailable, and it’s especially troublesome to a young person’s developing brain - - learning disabilities being chief among them. There is also likely no threshold for developmental effects to children. There are no safe lead levels, and it can affect many organs. Outright mortality would take a lot of lead for a human, but that’s not the case regarding secondary toxicity to scavengers. I’ve seen numerous Bald and Golden Eagles displaying lead toxicity, with the results being borne out on necropsy. I want to be clear that I’m not pressuring anyone to switch; I’m just a nerd that likes data, and my background steered me to my current bullet choice.