Point #1- Sure it can. Bloodshot and expansion/damage do not necessarily have a causal relationship, nor do those terms indicate a singular meaning. Bullet expansion and the resulting damage can certainly occur without the muscle tissue becoming bloodshot, or bruised. This is affected by the mechanism in which the bullet does the damage, as well as the location that the damage is done. Bullets that form petals when expanded tend to cut through tissue more than blunt "mushroomed" bullets. And no, I'm not saying that Barnes bullets are like a propeller travelling through the animal, but rather that petals tend to cut more than crush. Tissue that is crushed tends to exhibit more internal bleeding and bruising. Secondly, bullets that expand and do their damage in the vital area rather than in the muscular tissue, result in relatively little bloodshot meat. The VLD's I've used have borne this out. Tiny pencil holes through the onside muscle groups, massive damage inside the thoracic cavity, and moderate to no damage to the offside muscle groups. Very little bloodshot because of where the bullet does the damage.

The second and third points have nothing to do with increasing wounding or decreasing run time, and have everything to do with modifying the methodology to best suit the type of tool (bullet) being used. We use specific shot placement and starting velocity with mono's, C&C bullets, VLD's, etc. The goal is the same with all these bullets- to penetrate enough, and do enough/plenty of damage to the vitals/skeletal structure/CNS. The MO with the various bullets varies depending on the intended expansion mechanism.

To suggest that there is a simple rule of thumb between all mono bullets is incorrect. Some are designed to shed fragments (CE Raptor), others are designed to expand into a "round" mushroom (Hornady GMX), Barnes TTSX bullets are designed to expand quite wide and into 4 petals, and many models (.243 80, .257 100, 7mm 140, .308 130, etc) often shed those petals.

I'm not saying that there aren't different bullet designs that are meant to do more damage within a shallower permanent wound channel, just that IME animals shot with X, TSX, and TTSX bullets haven't gone significantly farther after a lethal hit than animals shot with any other bullet. In fact, the last handful of deer and elk that I shot were killed with Hornady A-Max, HPBT, and VLD bullets. Aside from a head-shot doe, all went farther after vital hits than many, many animals I've seen shot with Barnes bullets, and all had vitals that were absolutely demolished.

When it comes to living things, vitality, will to live, physiology at the time of the shot, and other factors make it very hard to come up with firm rules of thumb.