Originally Posted by MojoHand

Nice trio there, CH!

My next 'build' is gonna be to grab a Guide gun in 30/06, send it to JES to be reamed out to 9.3 and drop it in another skelly I have waiting. Make me a little brother to the Alaskan!

Nice rifle and goat for your girl there. Bet it was tasty hanging out in that field!

Thanks - I like them a lot. Rain? Snow? Scratches and dings? Who cares???

The .338WM has a handy 22" barrel provided by Bear Paw Jack/Caribou Jack. It gets 2742fps with a 225g AB and H100V and is delightfully accurate - banging the steel at 600 yards is no big trick and I've hit clay pigeons at that range with it. Bought one of the cdnnsports.com $499 Ruger .30-06's with the 20" barrel as a wedding present for an April-to-be son-in-law. I was worried about the blast factor but it turns out not to be much different than my 22" -06 rifles. (Yup, I shoot them before I give them away. Gotta get them sighted in...)

A Guide Gun in 9.3 would be a sweet rifle for serious work - hope it works out well. Ever since they came out I've figured if I was going to AK to hunt it would be a good excuse for a .375 Ruger. Can't really justify one for Colorado.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 01/03/17.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.