We wear them for moisture.

Other than that we walk a route where the deer almost never travel... stands placed strategically.

When bowhunting we'd wear rubber boots but I often washed them in baking soda and left em in cedar trees during the day with our other clothing.

They are not scent free. Every last time the dog got loose at home while I was hunting, he'd follow the scent right to me. Those were a lab and a beagle.

Currently with the deer trailing cur, doesn't matter WHAT boots I wear the ONLY way I can go hunt without him dragging the wife along on a leash when they walk, and him not following or trying to follow me is if I do a weird looping route where he doesn't all of a sudden pick up on me leaving the road or trail... So a lot of the time I just take him with me to sit in the woods. He is very good about staying pretty still and his dang eyes spotting deer are better than mine... but I digress.

Rubber we wear extra tuffs, but have not had any of the chinese ones, ours are older...

Used to wear La crosse quite often. But then they would dry rot in our heat so quick we just wore whatever Walmart had after that.... 75 bucks for a boot that was worn 50 times a year and rotted in 2... nope.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....