I've been wearing Lacrosse boots for many years, first the pac style boots with the rubber bottoms with tops made out of leather or cordura, but for the last 12 years or so have been wearing a pair of LaCrosse Burly uninsulated boots like pictured above. I wear them for turkey season and deer season unless it is below freezing and then I wear some 800 gram thinsulate Danners.

I have a lot of miles (from turkey hunting mostly) on these boots with no sign of dry rot or any signs of wearing out.

I don't know about the scent proof part, but hunting in swampy areas they do come in handy. I've watched deer cross where I've walked with rubber boots, and other boots and it never fazed them, unless they were downwind of my stand.

In my part of Alabama most hunters who are looking for waterproof boots are wearing either LaCrosse or Muck. The neoprene on mucks would be fine if its cold enough but most of the time, they are just too hot for me wear and they will get ripped if you are in areas with lots of sticks or brush to walk through.

I shared a camp in western Kansas with a group of hunters from Louisiana and the mud room where we left our boots looked like an ad for Lacrosse with 6 pair of Burly's and one lone set of Mucks lined up.

Bob.