Originally Posted by 1911a1
I don't know how you wear your boots but when I wear mine the rubber part touches the ground I'm sure if I brush against tall grass are brush with the top it may leave a scent.
sometimes you could smoke a stogie cigar on stand and deer don't care, I've even heard of them coming up to smell a smoldering pile of crap a hunter just took near his stand (emergency crap couldn't get any further) But I have seen deer, hogs and coyotes repel and run off as soon as they hit my trail too. I just know that my deer sightings went up when I started wearing rubber boots.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 1911a1
I have some muck boots that are about 5 years old, not sure what model. They are very comfortable.
I do not wear them anywhere but in the field. I don't even drive my truck with them on. you do not want to wear scent proof hunting boots anywhere that can contaminate them, like filling your truck up at the gas station.
Properly maintained rubber hunting boots will keep deer detection of your presence down considerably. I hunt some very small properties including the 27 acres at my house. With small properties it isn't always feasible to have your own trails to avoid detection by the deer. The scent free rubber boots are essential to keep my spots from burning out.

Scent free rubber boots... LOL. Give it some more years you will figure it all out. Took me many to also.

The mucks Carolyn has are neoprene up top... that damn sure holds scent...

I kill deer as well as I ever did. I wear rubber boots when its wet. Beyond that I wear whatever I have. Obviously I don't have em doused in gas, but the fire boots I wear daily may have some funk on them some days too...leatehr.
Pigs are the answer. Rubber boots and scent blocker stuff rarely rarely fools pigs noses. That's enough for me.

My sightings have gone up because I know more about what I"m doing, even though I figured out camo and rubber boots and scent blocker stuff isn't where you should spend your time.

I will add though, on your side of the argument, none of the above can ever hurt anything.

Never mind the part that I have yet to have a dog that could not follow me, in rubber boots, even in the days I was anal and would wash them in baking soda and hang em in a cedar tree during the day while not hunting...

Much better to keep teh wind in your face, the sun at your back, and approach from safe areas...Thats about as foolproof as you can get.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....