I'm going antelope hunting this year and I have two 30/06 rifles that I want to bring. One of them I used last year and took two doe antelope with 180 grain Sierra 180 grain Pro-Hunters. This year I'm going to try working up a load for the other rifle using 150 grain Nosler etips. Hopefully they'll shoot good in my rifle. It's a Husqvarna made in 1952 and I just think it's a really cool old rifle. My other rifle, a Weatherby Vanguard just really shot great with those 180 grain Sierra's and that's why I just went ahead and used them, even though obviously a 180 grain bullet isn't necessary to kill an antelope. But it worked very well and neither antelope was TOO dead. I have some loaded cartridges left over from last year but no more bullets to load, so just for fun I'm kind of wanting to try some of the Hornady 178 grain ELD-X bullets this time.

Having said all that, what I will say is that in my opinion there really isn't any wrong bullet for antelope. The main criteria should be accuracy. What I like about the Etip is that it won't matter if I shoot it through both shoulders, that bullet shouldn't ruin much meat, if any. I also like the fact that I should be able to get about 3,000 feet per second, which is pretty fast for a 30/06. Now the ELD-X is entirely different but I like it for it's high ballistic coefficient and the rumors I've heard that they're accurate. But if I don't get them to shoot as good as the Sierra's I'll probably use the Sierra's again this year.