Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
I'm really surprised that some are recommending 165-180gr bullets for antelope. Aren't they about the same size as our local blacktails, about 125 lbs or less? I switched to 150's about 25years ago, first Speers and now Barnes and the lighter bullets have proven to work excellently with great accuracy.
Why would you use a bullet weight designed for deer/elk sized game? Just curious as antelope are on my bucket list along with whitetail.

Wind ... Plus the fact of possibly having a great shooting/performing load with the 165 AccuBond that would suffice for other big game like Elk, muleys, black bear, etc. Not having to come up with a new load for future hunts would be a great benefit!

Exactly, I totally agree...When the 165gr. pill first hit the scene, they were said to be the perfect weight for the 30-06. I will also agree with JB, in that the 200gr. partition is an awesome bullet for the ol 06. It's one of my favorites in the 06 for elk hunting in the timber around here...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA