This is both sad and humorous that Remington can no longer make an 870 that works and keeps doing so with little more than a wipe down. They used to and they are out there to be easily found.

50 rounds and it is sticking and it isn't because of lubricant on the shell. Nor the barrel getting hot from 50 rounds.

Have an old Wingmaster that I can't wouldn't know how many rounds have gone down the barrel. Beat up trap gun when I bought it, used it myself for trap for a few years and also used it in the field and for sporting clays. I've got at least 10,000 rounds out of it and who knows how many from the previous owners.

The barrel hasn't had an inside wipe in years. Feed it and it works.

The only thing it doesn't like all that well is some of the new Spanish shell offerings. Especially those made with steel instead of brass in that the steel doesn't spring back enough in the chamber to allow easy ejection. Feed it Remington, Winchester or Federal cases and it just keep running smooth.

Best suggestion, trade it in on and old 870 and enjoy trouble free shooting with minimal maintenance.

Last edited by battue; 01/16/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler