Originally Posted by TWR
So should we neck down the 30-06 to 22 caliber?

Of course the larger case is gonna win given like pressures but the Nosler marketing says 3350 is 22-250 velocity. Drive pressures up to 62000 in the 223 and the magical 300 fps isn't quite there anymore with the 22 Nosler.

This is basically the 22-6.8 with rebated rim is it not? If so, I've seen what the 22DTI can do and Mike is spot on in his maximum loads if you want to use the case again. Case life is short when you step on the gas.

Why no one wants to legitimize the 223AI is beyond me.

Interestingly I generally shot 60 plus on pressure in 223 according to some known comparisons... and I shot my once fired LC brass 5 times in important matches and then relegated to practice, which was generally another 10-15 firings...

But this is a bit OT. Never really dealt with loose primer pockets. Generally lost cases to neck splits eventually. Even with annealing every 5 loadings the first two rounds of loading. IE didn't anneal more or less after about the 11th firing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....