Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by bellydeep
The search feature is your friend. Unfortunately there is little that can be done to improve your reading comprehension or, apparently, your lack of good memory.

I remember you frothing at the mouth over a cartridge with no future life and little practical advantage.

Was I wrong?

Yes. It only happened in your imagination.

That's weird because you posted a link to a thread where you were doing just that.

I hope your kids figure it out soon and call the men in white coats to come pick you up.

What I wrote in that thread is called 'damning with faint praise'. Big difference from 'gushing' or 'frothing at the mouth' but I really don't expect you to get the difference.

What interests me about the .338RCM is the performance from the 20" Ruger package. Being a handloader the, if I were to purchase one I'd also buy a lifetime supply of brass, as I've recommended to others. Any non-handloader that buys one needs to know that ammo could be a big problem.

But, even though I handload, I haven't purchased one because of multiple problems, with brass availability and cost being a big one but reduced performance from the .338WM being another. According to Hodgdon data, a 24" barreled .338RCM would get 100fps less than my 22" .338WM. A 20" barrel on the .338RCM would probably lose 200fps or more. Not really what I'm looking for.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I seem to remember your calling the Hornady hotline after your RCM erection wouldn't subside after 4 hours.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.