Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

So you didn't get so excited about the RCMs that you called Hornady?

You said you remember me doing it but now you're confused? Kind of proves my point about you and what Reagan said about dumbocrats. But I'm not at all surprised.

No, I never called Hornady about any of the RCM cartridges. When thinking about building a .338-375 Ruger wildcat I did call them about custom dies and was quoted a price of $150. Since I wrote about doing so on this forum and that is the only time I've spoken with them, you are once again conflating things in your mind. In other words you are remembering things that never happened.

Take your meds.

You never called Hornady?

I can almost visualize you mouthing those words while Bill Clinton's voice is dubbed over.

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bellydeep

With the exception of Hybrid V, Hodgdon lists 2800-2850 max with a 180gr bullet. And that's in a 24" barrel.

I bet the telemarketers and home shopping channel do well with you.

Over lunch I called Tim at Hornady Product Support and asked if the 3040fps was a mistake. He confirmed it.

Whether Hornady used a 20" or 24" barrel length really doesn't make much difference to me, although they claim 20". 2900fps would be fine which is still better than a 20" .30-06 can do. What I want is an iron-sighted carbine length rifle and for $499 the Ruger Hawkeye .300RCM fits the bill better than anything else I know of.

You can find your original post right here:

Coyote Hunter Lied

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.