Update...

I honestly feel like some of these projects will materialize this year. Conversations this year were constructive and opinions are changing.

Beretta (Sako, Tikka) has a new(ish) rifle manager. He gets it -- he knows times are changing and is willing to do something about it. He'd already approached the Finn's about twist rates. I'll know more about exclusives soon, but I honestly expect one to come full circle. The 8" 22-250 makes the most sense short term. The have the barrels, so it's as simple as running the reamer to make it happen. On another note, we spent some time discussing the mag box length on the 223. Something interesting could happen there as well...

Ruger was receptive. We may actually get the 1 in 8" 22-250 in the American this year! I asked for blued receivers with stainless barrels after hearing the all stainless would be more difficult to materialize. We discussed compact and lefty models too.

I also had some good talks with Howa. We discussed the floor plate for the mini's. We took one apart and measured some stuff for the mag box. There's room and I emphasized the need for 2.50" of internal space. They were leaving for a meeting specifically about the floorplate and mag box as soon as our meeting adjourned. They also know the floorplate needs to be a drop in for existing rifles and it needs to be available for purchase to guys already owning one. A Mini for mini's is also coming as an exclusive to us (Whittaker Guns) for a period before it comes a running line option. The youth stocked version will be in 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39 and 223.

I had a really good meeting with Kimber too. Lots of new faces and they're all receptive to change. We discussed many options, but the 1 in 8" 243 got the most play. Initially my thought was 6 Creed, but they were really receptive to doing fast twist 243. Obviously, I didn't object! Their new rifle manager is willing to listen and I truly expect some good things from her!

Nothing with Remington. Sorry burleyboy.

No promises, but progress was made. More updates as soon as I hear more. This is a tough time of year. Lots of shows to finish before everybody gets settled back into work.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!