Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Update...

I honestly feel like some of these projects will materialize this year. Conversations this year were constructive and opinions are changing.

I also had some good talks with Howa. We discussed the floor plate for the mini's. We took one apart and measured some stuff for the mag box. There's room and I emphasized the need for 2.50" of internal space. They were leaving for a meeting specifically about the floorplate and mag box as soon as our meeting adjourned. They also know the floorplate needs to be a drop in for existing rifles and it needs to be available for purchase to guys already owning one. A Mini for mini's is also coming as an exclusive to us (Whittaker Guns) for a period before it comes a running line option. The youth stocked version will be in 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39 and 223.

I had a really good meeting with Kimber too. Lots of new faces and they're all receptive to change. We discussed many options, but the 1 in 8" 243 got the most play. Initially my thought was 6 Creed, but they were really receptive to doing fast twist 243. Obviously, I didn't object! Their new rifle manager is willing to listen and I truly expect some good things from her!

I would be in for either one of these options, preferably the Kimber