I killed one like that with my BAR a few years ago. I missed high and he just stood there and I let him have it with the second shot. That was the only time in 30 years I ever benefited from the semi auto action as all the rest I can remember were either a one shot kill or the two or three I've missed hauled ass before I could get on them for another shot.

I've enjoyed my BAR. It has been totally reliable, not one malfunction with either reloads or factory ammo and it shoots better than I can. I do take the forend off and clean out the gas piston annually. One quirk of the rifle is that it is critical that when chambering a round that you either let the bolt slam home or if you let it down slowly that you give it a little forward push to make sure the bolt is engaged all the way because if it is not it won't fire. I learned that when my rifle was new while shooting it at targets, and it is explained in the manual, but I could see it costing a guy a shot if he was not aware.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn