I like many different types of guns, and I support any kind of shooting that burns powder or compresses air.
But my 1st love is muzzleloaders and has been since I was a young teen. I love hunting with my flintlocks. I have had a great deal of success with them too.
However I have been blessed to be an avid hunter now for 52 of my 60 years on this earth. I have been blessed to have opportunities to hunt in many different states and a few other countries. Most years I am fortunate enough to kill between 4-6 head of game, but some years I have killed as many as 25 per year.
I have personally killed at least 65 head of game with semi-autos. These are the ones I recall off the top of my head as I write this.
These are:
AR15 in 6.8SPC 33
AR-15 in 6.5 Grendal. 3
AK47 7
FAL 4
M-1 Garand. 6
Smith M-14 6
Benelli R1 6
On elk I shot 2 times. One antelope I shot 2 times.
ALL the others were one shot kills

I love my flintlocks, but I can assure you that I can fire my autos as slow as I do my flintlock when I choose to.
The idea that a certain kind of weapon in the hands of a man means he has a certain way of using that weapon is stupid.
And I will point out----it’s the manipulative tool used by anti-gun people everywhere. It’s a stupid idea and it only works against stupid people.
Please readers, don’t fall for that crap and don’t help the anti-gunners gain ground.
Owning a handgun doesn’t make you want to kill politicians.
Owning an AK doesn’t make you want to shoot up a post office
Owning an AR doesn’t make you want to shoot up a school and owning any of the above doesn’t mean you are a slob hunter or a poor marksman.

Last edited by szihn; 01/23/17.