Originally Posted by Steve_in_OR
OSU,
Do the Barrett rifles seem like a modified/improved/updated version of the Forbes or are they a completely new design.
Steve

Stock is very similar. The action is slightly beefed up to compensate for any less pressure handling of stainless steel. Some of the actions had flat facets or a dodecagon shape, I am not sure if these were only on the prototypes.

Barret has the right to the design but not the name. Melvin Forbes is not involved and wasn't even aware of the Barrett when I spoke to him briefly, it was obvious it was not his favorite topic.

If I hadn't just up graded a CLR and bought a Forbes I would be really interested. Too bad looks like a really nice rifle and the Barret quality is excellent.

Just read on another post that the stock is a Bergara composite so I guess the prototype had a Forbes stock which is different than the production rifles.

Last edited by Tejano; 01/24/17.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli