Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I believe it's been established that the Barrett Field Crest rifles are not re-baked Forbes rifles.

My concern is with the stock. I much prefer the more open, thinner wrist on Kimber rifles. The Forbes rifle that I owned had a thin forearm. But the wrist was more closed and thicker than the Kimber. I made a couple unsuccessful attempts at purchasing a Kimber Ascent 84L stock to adapt to the Forbes rifle before I sold it.

At this point, I have not heard anyone say definitively how the Barrett stock compares to the former Forbes Rifle stock. If the Barrett stock turns out to have a thinner, more open wrist than the Forbes, I may give it a look. Until then, I'll hang on to the Kimbers.

I know a lot of people really like the Forbes ergos. So, I am the odd man out. However, that is my personal preference in stock ergos.

That question was asked by others here and someone who spent time with the rifle was able to confirm that it's not the Forbes, if I recall correctly.

The stock is a copy of the Forbes Rifle pattern which was a copy of the NULA stock. The rest of the Barrett is different and IMO a step up from the Forbes. The Barrett rep confirmed this was the case and it feels very similar to my Forbes and the NULAs that I use to own.

I will purchase a LH Barrett if they ever make one. The rifle was extremely well finished and screams quality.