My second cousin owns and grew up on 3000 acres of Piney creek bottom and surrounding hills in e texas. Raises cattle and timber. Kills wild hogs and his bilaws trap them. If he says he saw one feral over 3ft tall and about 450-500 lbs, big enough to scare him, he did.

I once saw a tan sow with piglets on a 97 section ranch on the Pecos river north of Pecos where i was allowd to hunt that i was afraid to shoot with the 223 i was hunting coyotes with. Well over 3 ft high (i thought 4 ft at the time) and making you think "volkswagon" is a sight you wont soon forget when you walk up on it.

They said the hog that attacked and nearly killed the mayor of Monahans while he was taking a dump during a dove hunt many years ago was a monster. Lucky his buddy ran up and shot it. That was on the 67,000 acre Hogg Ranch i hunt out of Kermit.

I dont know how many wild hogs ive killed on that old Lindley Ranch cause we normally try to put one bullet into as many as we can in a herd before they get away in the brush. We figure the coyotes will do the rest. Ive killed a bunch of huge old big russian looking boars but that feral sow was as big as any hog farm sow i ever saw.

Once a friend and I drove the back way to a lake near Robert Lee. My bud pointed and said for me to look at that. I thought it was just a couple of huge farm hogs in a little pasture until the started hauling ass and went through the barbed wire fence. I know dayom good and well the tops of their backs were over 3 ft high.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/25/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin