Howled this one up last night....

After 35 minutes of various calls on the Foxpro, I let loose with a 3-4 lonely howls with my Sceery. Had a response less than a 100 yards in front of me from a wooded knob, but getting too dark to see into it.

I waited 5 minutes or so to see if she'd show, contemplated what the hell to do next. Running out of daylight, I finally gave several challenge barks/howls to push the issue, and sat still....

Figuring it was all but over, I glanced over to my hard left, and there she was about 125 out giving me the stink eye. I moved the gun over & got her in the scope, but couldn't see the reticle. Quick turned on the illumination just as she started to leave, a quick bark & she made the fatal mistake of stopping.

Kawoomp.....and she took off angling up the hill.....schitt. I racked in another, got her back in the scope, and kawopped her again. Although she was dead on her feet after the initial shot, most times I'm just making noise after the 1st shot, but I impressed myself this time with the follow up.

6x47 Lapua with 105 Berger VLD's.

[Linked Image]