So I'm out cruising around looking for a varmint, and stop on a high point to glass into a brushy creek bottom out in the middle of a section. Hot damn, finally spot one out nosing around. After 15-20 minutes, he lays down, so I take off to the north side of the section to put the move on him. Get over there, park the truck, and while gathering up the essentials, I hear a howl.....cool, game on.

Sneaking was tough with the crusty snow, so I had to take it slow, not knowing if he had moved or not. I had only gone a couple hundred yards angling up the slope, and damned if I didn't see a 2nd one 800 yards out heading my way too. Almost made it to the top of the hill, and I spotted no.1 400 yards out paralleling the fence, kinda quartering towards me. I changed course to head towards the creek trying to cut him off.

Hadn't gone very far, and I saw him giving me the stick eye, & poof, he was out of sight....schitt. Quick dropped down and pointed the gun in an opening and an instant later he came into view and stopped......boom. About 150 broadside, done deal. 22-204 with 80 grain Berger VLD's

[Linked Image]