Originally Posted by Valsdad

Well, I just looked, as I have a couple of friends in TX and may get there for a visit someday. Might want to hunt while there. Maybe Deer or Turkey?

TX Non-Resident license (covers deer): $315
Spring Turkey $126
Upland Bird endorsement $ 7
Total $448

Now for a state I hunt regularly

AZ Non-Res license (combo fish & hunt) $160
Turkey tag $105
Deer tag $315
total $580

So, prohibitive difference in fees for a non-resident? Not in my mind, and in AZ I just walk out in OUR National Forest or other Federal land and start hunting. I don't have to worry much about a getting (paying for) a lease, or paying for access or a guided operation. I'm not sure about that TX license, but the AZ one allows me to fish while there also.

I know, it's just one example, but I don't see the "residents" of AZ making it very hard for me to hunt there.

I wish the gentleman the best, but I haven't see a reply yet. Put in for tags and come enjoy yourself on OUR Federal lands.

Geno

So how do you feel about unguided non-residents in Wyoming being completely excluded from hunting wilderness areas? How about a nonresident Montana elk license that costs 29X what it costs a resident? How about New Mexico that allocates 84% of tags for residents, 10% for guided hunters, and 6% for nonresidents? Even the great state of AZ caps nonresident licenses to 10%...for hunting that takes place on Federal land.

You must be luckier and richer than me.

Last edited by Whiptail; 02/04/17.

Quando omni flunkus moritati