Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I know its a guided hunt, but I am a hunter, not an observer and when something goes down, especially that I shot, I am going be in there helping skin, quarter, boneout, ect. Also, I spent a couple years at a taxidermy shop - I will be caping out the moose if at all possible.

I currently own that KUIU rain gear and used it all last year in elk and deer season and it was awesome.

The hunt is Sept 15-24. I will actually be meeting them up there on the 22nd. and there going to let me ride in early and help setup camp. Sounds crazy, but I love setting up camps and helping with prep before the hunt. Been told this is the prime rut time to hunt.

Be prepared to do some of the finishing work on your hide. I've done several guided hunts, and have had to take over twice due to poor work by the guide. Most though have done a great job.

If you are driving, take extra gear, even if you think you don't need it. Things may change by the time you get there and you may need it. I've needed things I didn't think I would. Had a mnt goat hunt that the guide forgot his spotting scope. Glad I had mine. Horseback hunt turned into a backpack hunt, etc.

Mostly, have good optics, good boots, and warm clothes.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.