Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I know I am 8 months out, but this is a big trip for me and I like to plan so I wanted to get your guys feedback on my anticipated gear list. The list below is the general list the outfitter sent me and next to it is the specific I item I plan on taking. There are a few items I am not decided on yet and would love suggestions for those items particularly.

Also, and maybe more importantly, the hunt has changed a bit, at the last second before mailing my deposit, I decided to go with another outfit - Gunson Outfitting, which is on the far Northern BC/Yukon border. This is more of a true "trophy" hunt with better chance at a 50+" moose. It is also a Horseback Hunt that will put me in the remote wilderness for 10 days.

Rifle - Custom Winchester 70 Classic 338 win mag, Zeiss HD5 2-10X42
Ammo - Handloads - 250gr. Nosler Partitions, 40 rounds

Binoculars - 10x42 Leica Geovid HD
Knife - Cabelas Fixed Blade Alaskan Guide, and Havalon for caping
GPS - Garmin 650, not required but I always take into the woods
Camera - Iphone
Day Pack - KUIU 3200"
Water Bottle (Purified) - NOT SURE???
Head Lamps - Cabelas
10 degree sleeping bag - Not SURE???
Sleeping Pad - Cabelas Instict - insulated
Rain Gear - KUIU Teton, Pants/Jacket
Boots - Meindel Denali
Socks - Merino Wool
Clothes - KUIU Teton Full Layering System, merino wool underwear
Gloves - kuiu merino 210

Mosquito Repellent, personal care items, and possibly a lightweight tripod to mount optics on.

All my gear including my rifle has to be 50 pounds or under.

I'm subscribed to your Canadian trip, definitely on my bucket list of things to do! Since you changed directions on your 338 what rifle and scope are you taking?

I know the Mountain Hardware sleeping bags get good reviews online and from some members on the forum that I would trust. Their prices are pretty close to what you are wanting to spend.

https://www.rei.com/product/894805/mountain-hardwear-lamina-z-blaze-15-sleeping-bag

Aquamira drops are pretty easy to pack and might solve your water purification needs. I usually pack a small pump with Aquarmira as a back up. Some people really like the steripen as another option.

Andy