Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I hired a fishing guide once and he was very good at what he did. I quizzed him about how it came about and he said that he "wanted to follow his passion." He then said he would never do it again because it turned his passion into a pain in the azz and nothing more than a job....he got to the point where he hated going fishing each day.

A good friend of mine owned an archery shop and said the same thing. When he started out, he could shoot nonstop 7 days a week. After 25 years he could barely stand to look at the damn bows he worked on. I asked him what he would do if he could start over again, he said he would have went into the jewelry business and dealt with the pain in the asses, where at least the profit margin was 400% and not 4% like the hunting industry.

Another one of my contacts retired from an engineering job in Wisconsin, moved to Brunswick, GA and became a fishing guide. He quit that and went back to work in a fish factory because he got tired of baby sitting a bunch of asssshole drunks.

The perfect job is one that allows some decent money, without sacrificing too much personal time to get it. Any suggestions?