Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I have a lot of people tell me their 22s will shoot a 1/2" group ( I use 10-shots for 22) but none of them can ever do it.

A buddy at work and I bought Anschutz 1407 repeaters a few years ago. Groups have been easily under 0.5, with 0.2-0.3 not uncommon. These are 54 target rifles though, not sporters.

Shortly after getting the rifles, he made us some targets from angle iron. The goal is to shoot into one of the holes, which causes an L-shaped piece of steel to flip up. If you miss, the splatter shows up outside the hole. You can see the target in the images below (ignore the chickens and orange thing).

Anyway, the smallest "target", or hole is 1/2". At 50 yards, you can put every shot into that hole with the 54 rifles. It's so easy that it gets boring really fast and we don't even bother using that contraption anymore. That buddy has also made lollipop targets from small washers. He puts green painter's tape on the back. You thread the bullet through the hole in the washer and can see the hole in the tape. If you miss the hole and hit the washer, the whole thing spins.

Since getting the Annies, he's come up with all sorts of tiny targets. It's been a hoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 02/17/17.