There is a group of mostly older guys at our club who shoot informal .22 benchrest at 50 yards. Most of the rifles are fairly ordinary sporter or varmint models. Savage, CZ, Anschutz, etc. Most of the rifles are capable of .5" groups at that range, with good ammo of course. That is not to say that all of the groups are that good, just that they are not unusual.

As others have noted, it takes a number of shots and multiple groups under controlled conditions to truly determine a rifle's accuracy. Three shot groups might tell something in a hunting rifle if they are repeatable on demand. Most are not. And most shooters are blissfully unaware of such things as sampling and probability, so the inferences and conclusions from their testing are questionable.

I'm considered the oddball in our bunch because I find shooting at 50 yards from the bench boring, so I shoot my .22s at 100 and 200 yards. 200 is very doable, challenging and fun. It's mostly about dealing with the wind, and good flags and learning how to use them is a must.

Dennis, go for that Rifle Basix trigger for your CZ. I got one, and it works well. Had a glitch with the first one, but the company made it right. Great CS, I'm happy to say.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.