I have watched moose be killed and killed a number of moose critters with everything from 223 up to 375 H&H and 45-70, and I know of some that were fairly, if not legally, dispatched with rimfires. That being said, moose country, and the critters themselves, can create situations which are conducive to major goat-rope scenarios. And that's putting things mildly. So, while I have zero issues with using an Interlock or Gameking, a lighter and/or smaller bullet or rifle when I know what my opportunities and presentations will be, I tend to make sure I have enough when I'm not sure. (There is substantial difference between getting a single chance for a legal animal whose only presentation allows intermittent opportunities as it saunters through the black spruces, and the kind of hunting where you can choose one of several animals basically standing in the open over the course of a hunt.) I'd be quite content to carry my 7x57 (a single shot even eek ) with a 'magazine full' grin of 150 Partitions (or 139/140 monos, but they just seem wrong in the old Mauser chamber somehow.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.