Nothing hard about killing moose, just cuz they are big animals doesn't mean they are tough. They have vitals the size of a sheet of plywood and lots of lung! I can recall when I moved to Alaska in 95 and started asking folks I met about hunting moose. Keep in mind the guys I was asking were military guys with very little Alaska hunting experience, but they had more Alaska experience than I did. The only rifle I owned was a 30-06 and these guys were spouting off all kinds of garbage how a 338 WM should be considered the minimum and that a 375 H&H is optimum and I was like chit I don't have the money to buy another rifle. Fast forward to my first moose hunt and I'm 30 yards from a bull I stalked for 3/4 of a mile and as he lay there chewin his cud I raise the crosshairs on this bull and all the garbage I had been told was going through my head. Your guns not big enough your guns not big enough.....well that bull never even stood up, 30-06 crushed him, as it wasn't a little bull. After killing a half a dozen moose of my own and another 6-10 by buddies I'd say there aren't many bullets that won't work on moose, they simply aren't hard to kill. The only real advice I can give you is don't shoot them in the water if you don't have the right equipment to get them out, that sucks!

First Bull

[Linked Image]