Originally Posted by Hastings
The TTSX should work fine. When we hunt at night on our depredation permits we use an AR15 for increased rate of fire due to groups of 20+ swine. The .223 TTSX is not as deadly as the 155 Scenar in .30-06, but the lack of recoil and the semi-auto reloading sure helps at night in target acquisition and moving to another target. Our load is max Varget and 62 grain TTSX. It has worked very adequately out to 200 yards for us. Have considered a .300 Blackout and a suppressor but can hardly justify bringing another firearm in the house w/o getting rid of some.

You never "justify" another firearm... shocked

I have an SSK AR .300 Whisper with a can. It's sorta heavy. Subsonic, it's good to around 100 yds, starts falling off after that. Subsonic 220's @ 1,000 fps, K.E. at a hundred is pretty close to a point blank .45 ACP, so they'll kill stuff.

I've thought about a thermal scope for the AR/Whisper, but they're really expensive and the gun is already heavy.

DF

Edited to add, ingwe likes lighter Barnes in his .223/.223AI. IIRC, he prefers the 53 gr. TSX.

I like TTSX's and would go with 50 gr. loaded to the max. Those may perform better than heavier Barnes in the .223.

I'd save 62 TTSX's for my fast twist .22-250, pushing them hard.

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/14/17.