Originally Posted by sawbuck
Hey, that looks like just what I need. I'm going to check our farm store before ordering.

I'm no entomologist, but the last coupla' years of BAD tick problems here in my Valley have seen me studying, with equal parts amazement and disgust,.....
"The life cycle of the Tick (s)"
We can't solve regional problems on our lean budgets, but good "barrier strategy" is worth getting a handle on,....for the last several days I've been buring last years old weeds, and some young Amaranth ( mad ) sprouts,....while at the same time taking savage delight in knowing that any Tick Midges are going down, too. Within the week, I'll have covered the new burnt areas around the house, outbuildings, base area with Bifenethryn (sp?),....treatment of the canines will continue,...Ensure Horse Spray, and as well Iodine and Watkins Salve when sadly inevitable chew wounds or bleeding bites turn up on em'. Strong horse iodine is now "controlled",....thanks to meth scum using it to brew their poisons.
The bottom line is figuring out the life cycle of these noxious pests, and (at least on our own ground) BREAKING it.

Hateful duty, and at times frustrating,....but hey, do we really have any other choice ?
Give that beautiful young pup an ear scratch for me, ya' hear ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain