I just bought a dual axle 14x7 a couple months ago just for the sake of owning one.
I ordered it with rear barn doors due to the space required to drop the ramp door plus you can't put heavy loads in with a forklift with a ramp in the way of the forklift.

After-market ramps are cheap if I have the need to run my 4 wheeler in or the like.

The side door is a must have.

I gotta be honest, now that I own it, if I had to do it over again I would drop one size down. 14x7 is almost too much for my "more often needs". It's sorta too tall and with the pointed nose and all it's pretty damn long. The 14ft mark on mine is where the square measure ends, the 18 inchs or so in the nose is extra.

Gotta 6x12 dump bed that gets used much more often even now, but just due to it's size.

Mine came with all plywood interior, interior lights, my choice of paint due to ordering it from the factory. Both axles have breaks. Nice LED lights all round. Cost me 3200.00 after taxes.

I'd say if you are thinking a 6x12 might work go for it, I didn't and kinda regret it. Maybe even a single axle.

It'd just be more handy and get used more often with most short runs than the 14x7 has worked out to for me to be.

Mine is working out to be a great storage shed though!

After looking long and hard I realized there wasn't as many manufactures as I first thought, Just lot's of different logos on the same trailers.

I'm sure you could find some Cadillac of a high end trailer out there but overall they are pretty much all alike.

Stick with the 3/4 inch plywood floors and 1/2 inch plywood walls.
3500lb axle(s) with breaks.