Originally Posted by prm
Possibly put in for a Bighorn PP. It would be the start of a many year quest. Have 0 now as it's hard to shell our $2100 even for a few months. Really disappointed I can't even get a license in the area I grew up. Non residents are not eligible. So much for 'our' National forests... Yes, I'm bitter about that.

Drawing a 2nd choice is interesting. That would take a unique circumstance for that to happen. Basically every first choice applicant, even those with 0 points, would have to draw first correct?

It depends on which species. For bighorns (I'm guessing that's what you were referring to), mountain goats, desert bighorns, and moose, I don't bother to indicate a second choice because none are ever drawn. There are always more first choice applicants than there are tags offered. However, for other species there are lots of second choice tags issued. In fact in many hunt codes there are more tags offered than there are applicants and they start selling leftover tags in early August. Some tags are offered and not purchased.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.