Originally Posted by TRnCO
I just read this on the short description under the Tacoma in the consumer report, "Despite the recent redesign, the ride remains stiff, handling is ponderous". Stiff? Apparently the person that wrote that hasn't ridden in many 3/4 ton trucks. LOL....a Tacoma rides a bit stiff because it's made to go off road, unlike most of the other mid-sized cracker boxes on the road that are made to go down the highway and not LEAVE the pavement.

Apparently the guy that wrote that is some kind of puzzy azz urban cowboy. Seriously, it's a frickin' truck. If you want the ride of a sedan then buy a frickin' sedan.

I drive a 2008 Tacoma 4x4 SR5. It has a manual transmission, crank windows and a bench seat. I have General AT2 Grabber tires on it, which are E wall tires. Hit a bump and you feel it.

I bought a 4 cylinder, don't need any more. I live on flat ground here in northern Ohio and I don't go muddin'. The only time it gets any kind of challenge is when I go to southern Ohio and run a few county roads. But I bought a standard because I want to manage the power, so I drop a gear or two on the hills and go slower, who cares.

I had two water pumps replaced inside the first 60,000 miles. I now have 110,000 miles on it with no issues. The mechanic told me that the coolant spec'd by Toyota ate the seals. I had the old coolant put in, regular coolant, no problems since.

Last edited by Armednfree; 03/30/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.